Main Street Manager/Tourism Director
The City of Walterboro is accepting resumes for a Main Street Manager/Tourism Director.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the Main Street program, including purchasing, record keeping, budget development, and preparing required reports.
- Aid and coordinate committee volunteers with implementing the Main Street Strategic Plan.
- Act as liaison between downtown business owners and the City of Walterboro.
- Work with the City Manager and Assistant City Manager to develop a downtown redevelopment plan.
- Responsible for promoting and marketing the City of Walterboro as a tourist, shopping, and business destination.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Walterboro Wildlife Center.
- Responsible for securing and administering tourism-related grants.
- Develop materials to promote tourism, including but not limited to digital media, brochures, print ads, postcards, and billboards.
- Act as the City’s liaison with professional tourism organizations.
- Serves as Secretary of the Walterboro Tourism Commission.
- Coordinate seasonal downtown décor and events.
- Develop, manage, and market downtown events and festivals to drive business and social activity.
- Maintain all Tourism and Main Street social media channels.
- Manage and maintain the new tourism-based website due to launch in the fall of 2023.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic business management procedures and practices.
- Ability to master the Main Street Four Point Approach, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to stay organized while managing numerous initiatives at once.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative to complete the duties of the position without the need for direct supervision.
- Ability to adapt, learn, and utilize new skills and information to improve job performance.
- Ability to attend and represent the City of Walterboro to the highest standard at various conferences and meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Public Administration, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) years experience in economic development, marketing, and tourism promotion preferred.
- Graphic design experience is a plus.
The salary range starts at $60,000 with a competitive benefits package.
How to apply: Applications are available online at www.walterborosc.org. Submit application and resume to Angela Roberson, Human Resources Specialist, City of Walterboro, 300 Hampton St., Walterboro, SC 29488.
Deadline: Friday, September 30, 2023.