- Patrols the City of Walterboro to protect life and property; responds to calls for service; enforces all federal, state and local laws as well as city ordinances; provides testimony and prepares documents relating to the adjudication of cases in court
- Apprehends and arrests criminal suspects and law violators, and maintains order and public safety
- Performs duties related to law enforcement work as required and works with supervision to produce the best results possible
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age; a citizen of the United States with a high school diploma or equivalent; valid S.C. driver’s license or the ability to obtain one if out of state
- Must have successfully completed or have the ability to complete courses at the S.C. Criminal Justice Academy
- Skilled in using firearms, operating a motor vehicle, and dealing firmly, tactfully and courteously with the public; must have the ability to prepare clear and concise reports
- Must live or be willing to relocate to Colleton County
- Must be able to pass a polygraph, psychological test, credit check, thorough background investigation, and pre-employment drug screen
- $33,038 annually, negotiable depending on experience and education
- $34,690 annually after field training officer training is complete
- Rotating 12-hour shifts
How to apply:
- Applications are available online at walterborosc.org or at the personnel office located at 300 Hampton St., Walterboro, SC 29488.
- Submit completed application and ten-year driving record to Angela Roberson, HR Specialist by mail at the address above, fax 843-549-1046, or email to email@example.com.
- Please do not submit applications directly to the department
- Open until filled
Please fill out application here.