Ireland Creek - SOQ Request
Request for Qualifications
Ireland Creek Revitalization Plan
The City of Walterboro is requesting Statements of Qualifications (SOQ’s) from qualified engineering firms to serve as consulting engineers for the city in the design and engineering of a plan to beautify Ireland Creek to include biking/walking trails, sidewalks, pedestrian bridges, angled parking along Ivanhoe Road, and measures to improve the drainage capacity of Ireland Creek to include erosion control, dredging and channeling the creek.
Ireland Creek flows through and bisects the City of Walterboro and serves as a primary drainage basin for many homes and businesses. Ireland Creek flows through the Walterboro Wildlife Sanctuary and extends all the way to the Ashepoo River. The City of Walterboro envisions Ireland Creek as a recreational hub, gathering place, and gateway to the Walterboro Wildlife Sanctuary.
GENERAL SCOPE OF SERVICES
Work will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Conceptual Master Planning
- Conceptual engineering drawings
- Utility impacts
- Property impacts
- Environmental impacts
- Topographic and boundary surveys
- Tree survey
- Utility locating
- Geotechnical borings
- Wetland/stream delineation
- Threatened and Endangered Species Study
- Cultural Resources Investigation
- Geomorphological assessment of Ireland Creek
- Hydraulic flood study
- Parking/traffic study
- Final design
- Roads, sidewalks, etc.
- Pedestrian bridge/structural
- Ireland Creek restoration/enhancement
- Grading and drainage
- Stormwater management
- Sediment and erosion control
- Utility relocations
- ADA compliance
- Section 404/401 permits
- Floodplain Development Permit or CLOMR/LOMR
- Site development/zoning
- Land disturbance/NPDES permitting
- SCDOT encroachment permitting
- Utility coordination
- Construction Administration/Observation
Submittal of Qualifications
Interested firms shall submit four (4) copies of the Statement of Qualifications (SOQ’s). The SOQ will contain the following elements:
- The professional training, expertise, and qualifications of the specific individuals to be assigned to the project for which the RFQ has been issued.
- Past performance of the firm submitting the RFQ.
- Location of the firm.
- Recent, current, and projected workload of the firm.
- Creativity, insight, and approach to the project.
- Related experience on similar projects.
- Other factors deemed relevant to the project.
- Willingness to meet time and budget requirements.
The City of Walterboro will receive SOQ’s from interested firms until 5:00 PM (EST) on August 27, 2021, at City Hall, located at 242 Hampton Street, PO Box 709, Walterboro, SC 29488. Envelopes and/or parcels containing the SOQ should be clearly labeled “Ireland Creek Revitalization Plan – Statement of Qualifications.”
SOQ Review & Evaluations
After receipt of the SOQ’s, a committee within the city will review and evaluate the content and qualifications presented in each packet. Based on the review and evaluation of all SOQs received, the committee will recommend from one (1) firm to a maximum of five (5) firms to invite for an on-site or virtual interaction session with City personnel to discuss the information contained in the SOQ and other general or specific inquiries. Presentation or discussion of cost proposals will be excluded during this process. At the completion of this process, the city will then solicit a proposal(s) from the firm(s) the city considers most qualified to render the services described. Final selection of a firm will be based on the scope of work and the associated cost proposal that delivers the best value to the City of Walterboro.
SOQ Point of Contact
Questions regarding this RFQ shall be directed to:
City of Walterboro