Paul Siegel is a native of Walterboro and is a graduate of Walterboro High School, class of 1966. He is an attorney and has practiced continuously in Walterboro since 1977. Paul is married to Jayne Polk Siegel. He has three sons, Josh, Joseph, and Ben. He is President of Congregation Temple Mt. Sinai in Walterboro.
He received his BA in history from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1970 and earned his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina in 1977. His office is at 111 Walter Street across from the Courthouse.
His public service includes:
- Secretary 1977-1984 and Chairman 1984-1991,Colleton County Election Commission
- County Attorney for Colleton County, South Carolina1991-2001
- Board Member, Lowcountry Legal Assistance Project 1984-1999
- Board Member, Public Defender Corporation 1978-1994
- President, South Carolina Bnai Brith Association of South Carolina 1984
- President, Colleton Disabilities Foundation 2002 to present
- Trustee-Colleton County Medical Center 2001-2007
- Ex-officio member 2007-2012
- President, Colleton County Bar Association, 1998-2000
- Board of Governors 1999-2002, S.C. Bar Association
- Former Board Member of Chamber of Commerce, Colleton County Board of Realtors, Downtown Walterboro Development Corporation
Reason for serving on City Council? "For 90 years, my father and grandfather expressed their love for the city of Walterboro through public service. Their civic pride inspired me to commit my life, as well, to this community."