The City of Walterboro is accepting resumes for a Tourism Director.
- The Tourism Director is responsible for promoting and marketing the City of Walterboro as a tourist, shopping and business destination.
- Coordinates staffing of Welcome and Wildlife Centers.
- Responsible for securing and administering tourism-related grants.
- Develop materials to promote tourism, including but not limited to digital media, brochures, print ads, postcards, and billboards.
- Act as the City’s liaison with professional tourism organizations.
- Serves as Secretary of the Walterboro Tourism Commission.
- Coordinate seasonal downtown décor and events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or a related field.
- Five (5) years’ experience in marketing and/or promotion of tourism preferred.
- Graphic design experience preferred. Knowledge of graphic design principals required. Proficiency in graphics file management required.
The salary range starts at $51,075.