The City of Walterboro has one (1) opening for a Parks Department Supervisor
- Supervises the activities and personnel of the parks maintenance staff: -instructing, assigning, reviewing, and planning the work of others
- Oversees the completion of the day to day operations and tasks given by parks director
- Carries out the maintenance plans and projects set forth by the parks director to ensure park facilities are in proper condition for the general public
- Coordinates with the director to acquire all equipment and supplies needed to complete assignments for the department
- Carries out the development and maintenance of drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems
- Assist the director with departmental construction projects and coordinating work with contractors, utility agencies, vendors, and engineers.
- Supervises equipment maintenance and repair operations; carrying out a preventative maintenance program set forth by parks director
- Ensures maintenance and cleanliness of equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA, EPA, and Clemson extension rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety and general public safety.
- Associates Degree in Turf Grass Management or Horticulture preferred and/or additional 2-3 years of related work experience.
- Two to five years of experience performing grounds maintenance to include at least one year in a supervisory role.
- Experience in irrigation, and small engine repair.
- Valid South Carolina Non-Commercial Pesticide Applicators License: Category 3 or the ability to acquire within 90 days of hire
- Valid South Carolina Driver’s License.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Salary Range: Depending on qualifications and experience