Public Works Department
The City of Walterboro has an opening for one (1) Mechanic in the Public Works Department.
- The successful candidate performs under general supervision preventative maintenance & completes various service tasks on automotive equipment used by the city including trucks, tractors, backhoes, front-end loaders, automobiles, etc.
- Must be able to use various mechanic’s tools in completing such service activities as replacing brake pads, turning brake drums, cleaning brakes, patching tire tubes, changing tires, balancing tires, oil changes, replacing oil & air filters, etc. Repair hydraulic leaks, hydraulic hoses, pumps, etc.
- Working knowledge of welding machine & cutting torch
- Receives & reviews service requests noting complaints to properly schedule maintenance and maintain related records of all maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma or equivalent with vocational/technical school training plus 2 – 4 years of experience in mechanics & machinery repair/maintenance; or any equivalent combination of training & experience which provides the required knowledge, skills & abilities. Must possess a valid SC driver’s license preferably CDL.
- Please submit a driving record & any related certificates with the application
- The successful candidate must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Salary range depending on experience - $29,481 - $48,021