The City of Walterboro has (1) opening for a Firefighter in the Fire Department.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform general fire duties related to the protection of life & property
- Respond to calls for service
- Exercise sound judgment in performing driver/operator duties & fire suppression
- Participates in fire prevention, inspection activities, equipment maintenance, and training
- Work with supervision to produce the best results possible and in accordance with City policies & procedures
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to Colleton County
- 18 years old or older and possess a valid S.C. driver’s license
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Must have successfully completed or can complete courses of study at the S.C. Fire Academy
- Must have or obtain a Class E driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, polygraph, psychological test, and background check.
- Must be able to pass the Fire Brigade/Respirator Clearance exam per OSHA regulations 1910.156, 1910-134, 1910.120
- $30637 depending upon experience & education
- Position open until filled