DIRECTOR OF TOURISM AND DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT
The City of Walterboro is accepting applications for a Director of Tourism and Downtown Development.
- Responsible for promoting and marketing the City of Walterboro as a tourist, shopping, and business destination.
- Coordinate all Main Street SC activities and programming.
- Act as liaison between downtown business owners and the City of Walterboro.
- Work with the City Manager and Assistant City Manager to develop a downtown redevelopment plan.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Walterboro Welcome Center and Wildlife Center.
- Responsible for securing and administering tourism-related grants.
- Develop materials to promote tourism, including but not limited to digital media, brochures, print ads, postcards, and billboards.
- Act as the City’s liaison with professional tourism organizations.
- Serves as Secretary of the Walterboro Tourism Commission.
- Coordinate seasonal downtown décor and events.
- Develop, manage, and market downtown events and festivals to drive business and social activity.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Public Administration, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) years experience in marketing and/or promotion of tourism preferred.
- Graphic design experience is a plus.
Salary range starts at $60,000 with a competitive benefits package.
How to apply: Applications are available online at www.walterborosc.org. Submit application and resume to Angela Roberson, Human Resources Specialist, City of Walterboro, 300 Hampton St., Walterboro, SC 29488.
Open until filled
The City of Walterboro is an Equal Opportunity Employer