City Manager’s Office
The City of Walterboro has (1) opening for a City Clerk in the City Manager’s Office.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Giving notice of City Council meetings to its members and the public, preparing, posting agenda, attending regular and special called meetings, recording votes of the Councilmembers, and keeping minutes of the City Council meetings.
- Maintaining and filing all original ordinances adopted and minutes approved by City Council in a record book, including the maintenance of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Walterboro.
- Providing administrative support to the City Manager and City Council.
- Receiving and referring citizen complaints (or handling them, if appropriate).
- Safekeeping of municipal legal documents and records.
- Handling public records requests pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act.
- Providing clerical or other appropriate assistance during elections to the Municipal Election Commission.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Combination of education and experience and four years of increasingly responsible administrative experience. Certification as a Municipal Clerk desired.
- Valid SC class D driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Salary contingent on qualifications and experience.
- Open until filled