The City of Walterboro has (1) opening for a Firefighter in the Fire Department.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform general fire duties related to the protection of life & property
- Respond to calls for service
- Exercise sound judgment in performing driver/operator duties & fire suppression
- Participates in fire prevention, inspection activities, equipment maintenance, and training
- Work with supervision to produce the best results possible and in accordance with City policies & procedures
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to Colleton County
- 18 years old or older and possess a valid S.C. driver’s license
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required
- Must have successfully completed or have the ability to complete courses of study at the S.C. Fire Academy
- Must have or obtain a Class E driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, polygraph, psychological test and background check
- Must be able to pass the Fire Brigade/Respirator Clearance exam per OSHA regulations 1910.156, 1910-134, 1910.120
- $25,780 - $41,992 depending upon experience & education
- Position open until filled
The City of Walterboro has one (1) opening for a Police Officer
- Patrols the City of Walterboro to protect life and property
- Responds to calls for service
- Enforces all federal, state and local laws as well as city ordinances
- Provides testimony and prepares documents relating to the adjudication of cases in court
- Apprehends and arrest criminal suspects and law violators
- Maintains order and public safety
- Performs duties related to law enforcement work as required
- Work with supervision to produce the best results possible
- Be a citizen of the United States and a High School graduate
- 21 years old or older and possess a S.C. drivers license
- Must have successfully completed or have the ability to complete courses of study at the S.C. Criminal Justice Academy
- Must possess skill in using firearms and in the operation of a motor vehicle
- Must possess skill in dealing firmly, tactfully and courteously with the public
- Must have the ability to prepare clear and concise reports
- Must live or be willing to relocate to Colleton County
- Must be able to pass a polygraph, psychological test, credit check, thorough background investigation, and pre-employment drug screen
- Salary: $32387 Negotiable depending on experience and education
$34006 After F.T.O. completion
- Take home car
- Overtime Pay / Off - duty court pay
- Tort Liability Insurance
- S.C. Police Officers Retirement Plan
- Paid membership in the S.C. Law Enforcement
- College Tuition Reimbursement program
Public Works Department
The City of Walterboro has an opening for one (1) Truck Drivers in the Public Works Department.
- The successful candidates will drive and operate a truck for the collection of yard debris.
- May perform ground and street maintenance as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and a valid South Carolina CDL-Class A or B license is required.
- The successful candidate must pass a drug screen & background check.
Wastewater Utility Foreman
The City of Walterboro has one (1) opening for a full-time Wastewater Utility Foreman in the Utilities Department
- The successful candidate will be responsible for various activities pertaining to the maintenance & repair of the sewer treatment plant & related equipment including sewer pump station
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum High School Education or equivalent required
- Vocational/technical training with 1-2 years of experience in wastewater treatment & maintenance, or any equivalent combination of training & experience which provides the required skills, knowledge & abilities
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Applicant MUST have a South Carolina CDL and a level “B” Biological Wastewater Operator License
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check