The City of Walterboro has one (1) opening for a Laborer/Park Attendant in the Parks Department.
- The successful candidate will be under general supervision and will be responsible for edging, weed eating, trail maintenance, removing trash, maintaining appropriate equipment etc.
- Landscaping & irrigation experience preferred but not necessary.
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma or equivalent with a valid S.C. Driver’s License.
- Candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
The City of Walterboro has one (1) opening for an officer in the Patrol Division.
- Patrols the City of Walterboro to protect life and property
- Responds to calls for service
- Enforces all federal, state and local laws as well as city ordinances
- Provides testimony and prepares documents relating to the adjudication of cases in court
- Apprehends and arrest criminal suspects and law violators
- Maintains order and public safety
- Performs duties related to law enforcement work as required
- Work with supervision to produce the best results possible
- Be a citizen of the United States and a High School graduate
- 21 years old or older and possess a S.C. drivers license
- Must have sucessfully completed or have the ability to complete courses of study at the S.C. Criminal Justice Academy
- Must possess skill in using firearms and in the operation of a motor vehicle
- Must possess skill in dealing firmly, tactfully and courteously with the public
- Must have the ability to prepair clear and concise reports
- Must live or be willing to relocate to Colleton County
- Must be able to pass a polygraph, psychological test, credit check, thorough background investigation, and pre-employment drug screen
- Salary: $32847 Negotable depending on experience and education
$33504 after F.T.O. completion
- Take home car
- Overtime Pay / Off - duty court pay
- Tort Liability Insurance
- S.C. Police Officers Retirement Plan
- Paid membership in the S.C. Law Enforcement
- College Tuition Reimbersment program
Please do not submit applications directly to the department. See below for instructions on applying for a position.
Public Works Department
The City of Walterboro has two (2) openings for a Truck Driver in the Public Works Department.
The successful candidates will drive and operate a truck for the collection of yard debris. May perform ground and street maintenance as required.
Applicant must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
South Carolina CDL-Class A or B license is required. Please submit a 10 year driving record.
Salary based upon experience.
The successful candidate must pass a drug screen & background check.