The City of Walterboro has an opening for a Technician in the Water Department.
The candidate will perform maintenance on the water system, read meters, lawn maintenance around lift stations and other duties as required.
Applicant must have a High School Diploma or equivalent with a valid S.C. Driver’s License.
Minimum Class B CDL required or obtained in six (6) months.
Successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Salary based upon experience.
The City of Walterboro has (3) openings for a Firefighter in the Fire Department.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform general fire duties related to the protection of life & property
- Respond to calls for service
- Exercise sound judgement in preforming driver/operator duties & fire suppression
- Participates in fire prevention, inspection activities, equipment maintenance, and training
- Work with supervision to produce the best results possible and in accordance with City policies & procedures
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to Colleton County
- 18 years old or older and possess a valid S.C. driver’s license
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required
- Must have successfully completed or have the ability to complete courses of study at the S.C. Fire Academy
- Must have or obtain a Class E driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, polygraph, psychological test and background check
- Must be able to pass the Fire Brigade/Respirator Clearance exam per OSHA regulations 1910.156, 1910-134, 1910.120
- $24,901 - $30,267 depending upon experience & education
- Position open until filled
Public Works Department
The City of Walterboro has an opening for a fulltime Truck Driver in the Public Works Department.
- The successful candidate will drive and operate a truck for the collection of yard debris. May perform ground and street maintenance as required.
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- South Carolina CDL-Class A or B license is required.
- Salary based upon experience.
- Applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Director of Public Works
The City of Walterboro is accepting resumes for a Director of Public Works
Administers and supervises the activities and personnel of the Public Works department to include operating and maintaining the gravity sewer collection system, drainage, coordinates with SCDOT for maintenance of streets and sidewalks, sanitation collection, yard debris collection, and a single-stream pilot recycling program.
Duties involve instructing, assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; maintaining standards and coordinating activities, allocating personnel; acting on employee problems, processing Worker’s Compensation information; selecting new employees; recommending and approving transfers/promotions and issuing corrective actions and discharges.
- Oversees the preparation of engineering plans and specifications, bids and contract documents.
Plans, organizes and directs Public Works programs related to engineering design, operation and maintenance of infrastructure, capital improvements and service delivery.
Evaluates department needs and formulates short and long-range plans to meet those needs.
Coordinates department functions with City staff, federal, state, county and regional governmental agencies, citizens and the general public.
Studies and standardizes department policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Formulates and manages operating budgets.
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field or an additional four years of related work experience.Registration as a professional engineer is preferred, but not required.
Six years of experience in engineering, construction or other public works related field, to include at least two years of supervisory experience.
Valid South Carolina Driver’s License.
Applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Salary range: $56,652-$92,279, depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply: Applications are available online at www.walterborosc.org. Submit application and resume to Angela Roberson, Human Resources Specialist, City of Walterboro, 248 Hampton St., Walterboro, SC 29488.
Deadline: Open until filled.
The City of Walterboro is an Equal Opportunity Employer