City of Walterboro
Parks Maintenance Director
The City of Walterboro is accepting resumes for a Parks Maintenance Director.
Administers and supervises the activities and personnel of the parks maintenance and grounds staff. Duties involve instructing, assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; acting on employee problems; processing Worker’s Compensation information; recommending new hires, transfers, promotions, demotions and terminations; issuing corrective actions and completing employee performance appraisals.
- Establishes maintenance plans and projects to ensure the parks facilities are in proper condition for the customers.
- Acquires all equipment and supplies needed to complete assignments for the department.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
- Coordinates work with contractors, utility agencies, vendors and engineers.
- Supervises department construction projects.
- Supervises equipment maintenance and repair operations.
- Establishes and implements a cleaning and preventative maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools and vehicles.
- Ensures maintenance and cleanliness of equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA, EPA and Clemson extension rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety and general public safety.
Bachelor’s Degree in Turf Grass Management, Horticulture or Agriculture preferred and/or an additional five years of related work experience.
Five years of experience performing maintenance or landscaping to include at least one year in supervision.
ISA Certified Arborist preferred.
Valid South Carolina Pesticide Applicators License.
Valid South Carolina Driver’s License.
Salary range: $45,713 - $74,462
How to apply: Applications are available below. Submit application and resume to Angela Roberson, Human Resources Specialist, City of Walterboro, PO Box 709, Walterboro, SC 29488 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: May 15
Public Safety Officer
Under close supervision, Public Safety officers assigned to patrol exercise responsibilities for the enforcement of state and local laws relating to public safety and welfare. Exercises independent judgment in dealing with dangerous or unusual situations while exercising safety practices and procedures. Public Safety officers assigned to firefighting involve the protection of life and property by combating, extinguishing and preventing fires. Work involves training for and participating in fire fighting duties, providing emergency care for injured persons (first responder), fire prevention, and routine maintenance of fire apparatus. Continuous training and drill in fire fighting techniques and practices. All Public Safety officers are subject to assignment in either patrol or firefighter duties. Public Safety officers will work under stressful, high risk conditions.
Parks Department Laborer/Park Attendant
The City of Walterboro has one (1) opening for a Laborer/Park Attendant in the Parks Department. The successful candidate will be under general supervision and will be responsible for edging, weed eating, trail maintenance, removing trash, maintaining appropriate equipment etc. Experience preferred but not necessary. Applicant must have a High School Diploma or equivalent with a valid S.C. Driver's license.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check for any position with the City of Walterboro.